1 Corinthians 4:16 “Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me”.
June 2023 – Newsletter
From the East: Rodger Ellingwood
Across District 22 as I have visited the different Masonic Lodges, I have heard of the many things the Lodges do and have done to make positive contributions in the communities we live in. Some of the different things I’ve seen are scholarships, donations to feed and provide for the basic needs of those in need, donations of a portrait of George Washington to local schools. This is done with a genuine concern to help others and improve the communities we live in
There is a story about representatives of many nations who were gathered together. They were discussing the various ways of telling people about Christ. They turned to a girl from Africa and asked, “What do you do in your country?”. She said “We don’t have missionaries or give out pamphlets. We send one or two Christian families to live and work in a village. When people see what Christians are like, then they want to be Christians.”
I believe this same logic may apply to Masons in our communities. People should see what Masons are like.
W.B. Rodger Ellingwood
Other News and Happenings
SC Masons family and friends day 2023 at Carowinds !!!
Organized by Roebuck 357.
On August 12th, Carowinds is offering all South Carolina masons, their friends and family over 50% off a day in their parks.This will be a celebration fun day to bring together masons, friends and family together to have fun under the Carolina sun! Your ticket includes:
What is normally a $115 ticket, our rate is only $51 per ticket!
This special day is not limited to just masons and their families, this is for friends and families of all of those that we know! Please feel free to share this with coworkers, VBS groups and all your friends! This day will be a great opportunity for the community to get to know masons so we can build relationships, bring families together, have fun and relax !
The website and code below will get you to our special rate. Once you purchase your tickets, please find our event on Facebook to receive updates on our day! If you have any questions, please contact
Michael Bragg at 864.497.5396 or email Michael2914@outlook.com!
- Buffalo Lodge 202 AFM First Saturday of the month breakfast, 0700-1000 $7 all you can eat
- Rock Hill 111 Second Saturday of the month breakfast - (suspended during the summer)
- Philanthropic 32 Third Saturday Starting July 15th Breakfast ( 0730 -10:30 ) $7 all you can eat.
- Scottish Rite Valley Rock Hill- American Flag Sell $25, contact member of Rock Hill Valley of Scottish Rite,
- Scottish Rite Foundation of South Carolina - Cruise for two lasting up two eight days and seven nights anywhere Royal Caribbean Cruise Line sails. (You have up to two years after the drawing to select your choice.) Tickets are $20 or 6 for $100. Drawing on Saturday, September 30, 2023 proceeds benefit Scottish Rite Foundation of SC Inc.
- Chester Shrine Club - First Saturday of the month, Steak Night starts at 5:30 pm. Dine-in or Carry-out, so come on out and enjoy dinner with us. Eat a good dinner while helping the Shriners children's hospital.
- PUBLIX PARTNERS - Don’t forget to support the Rite Care Centers in SC by signing up with Publix. To sign up, log in to your Publix account, click on my Publix partner, and select Rite Care Childhood Language Program. Each time you shop, enter your telephone number and a portion of qualifying purchases will be donated to the Rite Care Centers. (you can use the link below to sign up)
- RWB Boyd "Ebbie" Hodges, J : These blocks came from the old Grand Lodge Building which was built in the 1960’s. The Grand Lodge is offering these blocks while they last for $50.00 each. All funds go to the building fund. If interested for your lodge or personal use contact me. If you need to pay for yours or arrange pickup you may call me at (843) 250-0377. Thanks for assisting the Grand Lodge Building Fund by purchasing these pieces of our history. YOU MAY RESERVE YOURS BY PAYING VIA VENMO. USE THE LINK BELOW.
Do you have your dues paid for 2023?? If not, you are getting late. Please remit $72.00 to our secretary at Corinthian Lodge, PO Box 36335, Rock Hill, SC 29732. We do not want anyone to go NPD.
Don’t forget to stop by our website occasionally. Credit Brother Mark Hanslip for the original site. Brother Brandon Terry is now maintaining it. Thanks to both for all the fine work.
Curt Adams, WB Rick & Annette Rinehart, Valerie Strickland, Arty Vick, Jim & Connie Clark, Donna Smith, Mike Snipes, Chuck Sawyer, WB Mike McCully, Tommy and Becky Sutton, Tommy Sutton Sr., Kim Sutton, WB Jim and Pat Conner, WB Joe Kimball Sr., Eddie Smith, WB Eddie & Tammy Maloney, Mamie Jackson, WB Clyde Herron, RWB Nelson Horton, Mike Nichols, Steve Barefoot, WB Marty Monahan, Robert Charles Goodpastor, WB Jim Sanders, Anthony Beck and his Family (personal problems), WB Rick Rinehart’s Mother, WB Clyde Mitchell and Wife Anne, Hubert Lilly, Ron Lilly, Jamie Jackson’s son, Dan Bishop, Ray Klawer , Gordan Cartrell, Edna Neil ( WB Chuck’s mother), RWB Buck Jolley, Kathy Stone, James Gilmer’s Family, WB Tom Bell, Shane Sinfield (Chuck Sinfield’s Son), Rich Panuska, Buddy Thomas’ sister Karen King, Tony Callahan, WB Steve Jackson, RWB Tim Ayers family (loss of a grand son), our Grand Lodge officers, All of our Military, First Responders and their Families, Our Government Officials-State and Federal.
If there is anyone we need to add to the prayer list or remove, please notify us at email@example.com or call Chaplain WB Barry Bruce at 803-517-2259.